Manchester will invest in you
We offer many renewable scholarships and grants to incoming students. We strongly believe that you have worked hard
to earn your place at Manchester and deserve financial assistance in the pursuit of your degree.
We begin with Academic Scholarships: Each admitted student’s application is reviewed by hand. We currently award a range from $1,000 to $17,000 based upon criteria including high school GPA, best test score (SAT and/or ACT), class rank and course curriculum. These awards are renewable up to four years if you maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA at Manchester.
Then, your admissions counselor will work with you personally to determine your eligibility for our Special Awards. You may add two of these awards to your Academic Scholarship. Again, they are renewable for up to four years with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA:
Church of the Brethren Award—$3,500 per year to a student actively participating in a Church of the Brethren congregation.
- Connections Award--$2,000 per year to a student with a family member who attended Manchester. This includes grandparents, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and first cousins.
- Multicultural Student Leadership Award—Up to $2,000 per year to a student of color who has demonstrated leadership in her/his school or community. A brief application is
- Music Scholarship—Up to $2,500 per year and requiring ongoing participation in Manchester’s musical opportunities. These awards are audition-based and determined by the Department of Music faculty.
- Out of State Grant--$3,000 per year to a student who lives outside Indiana and therefore does not qualify for Indiana state assistance programs.
The Manchester Grant is our way of responding to your remaining financial need after all other types of
aid are explored. This grant is assessed individually for each student. We require that you file your FAFSA to earn eligibility for this grant opportunity.
Finally, we have Matching Programs, matching your award up to $500 per year.
- Church Scholarship Matching— All faith-based awards are eligible, with no discrimination as to type of religion or place of worship.
- Dollars for Scholars Matching—Matching awards from the Dollars for Scholars program.