The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) will help you qualify for college, state and federal financial assistance. It’s the most important step in pursuing an affordable education.
File your FAFSA online. Watch the following video for a walkthrough.
- Learn your state’s FAFSA deadline. https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm
Manchester asks that you complete your FAFSA by March 1 as this meets most deadlines nationally.
- Collect and have ready necessary documents/information:
- Social Security Number or Permanent Resident Card
- W-2 records for each job worked this year (for both student and parents/guardians)
- Income tax information (for both student and parents/guardians)
- Acquire student and parent pins at www.pin.ed.gov (you’ll use these to electronically sign your FAFSA).
- Complete and submit your FAFSA for free at www.fafsa.gov
- The FAFSA should always match the next year you’ll be in college and attending classes (For Fall 2014, use 2014-15 FAFSA).
- Manchester’s school code is 001820 (you can list up to 10 schools on your FAFSA, sharing your financial aid information with them automatically).
Review Your Award:
Once you’ve submitted your FAFSA, what happens next? Here is another helpful walkthrough video:
- You’ll receive a SAR (student aid report) at the e-mail address you provided on the FAFSA.
- This same information will be sent to the colleges you listed.
- Manchester will produce a Financial Aid Award Notification using your FAFSA results. It will display your itemized costs and aid. It also will lay out payment options and other helpful resources.
- View your Financial Aid Award Notification in Manchester's Gateway.
- Check out these Four Easy Steps to review your Award Notification.
- Access forms you might need from our Office of Student Financial Services.
- Your Admissions Counselor will call you to discuss your award. We’ll spend as much time with you as you need.